Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

Default Page Layout

A business associate recently sent me a Word file (I am using Office 2000).
When I opened the document, it only took up about half of the screen. There
is a ruler bar across the top, which shows the 6.5 inches of typed space.
However, the document is so small that I cannot even read it in order to
edit it. Moreover, now when I open Word I obtain the same, small condensed
format. Evidently, my Normal template has changed?

How do I correct this, and how do I expand the sent document to a size that
is workable?

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Check that the Zoom is not set at 50% or less. It might be on the View menu
in 2000. Sorry can't remember if there is a toolbar which shows this, but I
think there is, towards the right hand side of the standard toolbar.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Gordon Biggar" wrote:

A business associate recently sent me a Word file (I am using Office 2000).
When I opened the document, it only took up about half of the screen. There
is a ruler bar across the top, which shows the 6.5 inches of typed space.
However, the document is so small that I cannot even read it in order to
edit it. Moreover, now when I open Word I obtain the same, small condensed
format. Evidently, my Normal template has changed?

How do I correct this, and how do I expand the sent document to a size that
is workable?

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Biggar Gordon Biggar is offline

The page view under Zoom was set to Whole Page, as opposed to 100%.

I'm convinced that some folks simply do not become any brighter as they
age....

Many thanks for your prompt response, and my regrets for my display of
ignorance.

GGB