Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Find and Replace

I know that I must have what I'm looking for on a list somewhere, but I can't
find it at the moment.

In a search containing email addresses, I need to know if there is a
wildcard code for @. Would one of you wonderful people help me out? It
keeps throwing an error in the "Find What" box.

Thanks, as always!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:46:04 -0800, Island Girl
wrote:

I know that I must have what I'm looking for on a list somewhere, but I can't
find it at the moment.

In a search containing email addresses, I need to know if there is a
wildcard code for @. Would one of you wonderful people help me out? It
keeps throwing an error in the "Find What" box.

Thanks, as always!

Any character that has a special meaning in a wildcard expression, including the
@ sign, can be searched literally by putting a backslash in front of it. In this
case, use \@ in the expression.

More at http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Thanks a million, Graham! I've been learning most of all I know about find
and replace from your wonderful article(s). And then when I get stuck (or
just draw a blank) you and your colleagues at this website always come
through.

This gal appreciates it more than words can say.