Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Guybo Guybo is offline

Default Using EditFind to find and replace hyperlinks

I have a large document with many hyperlinks. I would like to replace all of
the hyperlinks in that document and keep the text. I cannot find a way to do
this using EditFind. Is there a way? If not, is there any other way?

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003 fully patched and undated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Guybo Guybo is offline

This workks fine for removing the hyperlinks, but it does not leave the
text.

How can I delete the hyperlink and leave the text?

Guy

"Guybo" wrote in message
I have a large document with many hyperlinks. I would like to replace all
of the hyperlinks in that document and keep the text. I cannot find a way
to do this using EditFind. Is there a way? If not, is there any other
way?

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003 fully patched and undated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The two macros below will unlink Hyperlinks (which leaves the text) or
delete them which doesn't.

Sub UnlinkHyperlinks()
Dim oField As Field
For Each oField In ActiveDocument.Fields
If oField.Type = wdFieldHyperlink Then
oField.Unlink
End If
Next
Set oField = Nothing
End Sub

Sub DeleteHyperlinks()
Dim oHlink As Hyperlink, i As Long
For i = ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count To 1 Step -1
ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks(i).Delete
Next i
End Sub

"Guybo" wrote in message
I have a large document with many hyperlinks. I would like to
replace all of the hyperlinks in that document and keep the text. I
cannot find a way to do this using EditFind. Is there a way? If
not, is there any other way?

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003 fully patched and undated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I didn't specify what to do when you find the hyperlink! If you are
replacing it with nothing or deleting it, then yes, it's gone. But you can
equally well do this:

1. Find the first hyperlink.

2. Close the Find dialog.

3. With the hyperlink selected, press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it.

4. Use the Find Next browse arrow at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar
to find the next hyperlink.

5. Press F4 to unlink it.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you don't find any more.

http://word.mvps.org

"Guybo" wrote in message
I have a large document with many hyperlinks. I would like to replace all
of the hyperlinks in that document and keep the text. I cannot find a way
to do this using EditFind. Is there a way? If not, is there any other
way?

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003 fully patched and undated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Ctrl+Shft+F9 (Unlink Fields) is fine if you only have unwanted Hyperlinks in
your document, but unlinking all other fields may not be what is wanted.
Even a humble TOC will become text and will lose its GoToHeading and update
functions.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Stephen Larivee" wrote in message