Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Default Word 2003 says my document is "read only"

I've been working on a document in outline form, using Word 2003 and Windows
XP Pro, SP3.

I call the document up when I want to work with it, using Windows Explorer.
I save it regularly without trouble, but when I want to close and save it,
Word tells me that it is a read only document. It's not: I've looked at its
properties and "read only" is not checked. If its relevant, the document is
in RTF format.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Dan S

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the article "I keep getting files that I am working on locked for
editing. Word only allows me to open them read-only" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.