Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Default customize or assign keytips?

Hi All,
I'm wondering how easy it might be ... or not ... to assign a key stroke like Alt-G-T as a shortcut for a macro rather than Alt+G,T?
It would seem on the surface, that the flow of typing might be a little smoother with the new way. It might require a little less
dexterity. So my question is, how do you assign a "sequential trigger?"
I'll tune back in tomorrow.
tia
Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is not possible to assign Alt+G+T (try it; you'll get Alt+G, T).
Sequential (Alt+G, T) is the only way to go.

http://word.mvps.org

"gil" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm wondering how easy it might be ... or not ... to assign a key stroke
like Alt-G-T as a shortcut for a macro rather than Alt+G,T? It would seem
on the surface, that the flow of typing might be a little smoother with
the new way. It might require a little less dexterity. So my question
is, how do you assign a "sequential trigger?"
I'll tune back in tomorrow.
tia
Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Hi Suzanne,
Y'all MVP's are sooo appreciated. Thanks gobs for being here through the years !!
I'm referring to the Word2007 method used for accessing its ribbon: touch the Alt button, THEN the next letter, THEN the next
letter for triggering its toolbar items. I'd like to try it for shortcuts to my macros. In my post here, I wrote it as Alt-G-T to
distinguish it from the prior traditional method of holding down the alt key and SIMULTANEOUSLY doing the next letter or two. I
called the new 2007 way as "sequential" in reference to the one AFTER the other after the other rather than Alt+first letter being
concurrent key depression.
Is there a reasonable way to assigning shortcuts to macros with the newer method? It sounds like you might be saying there is
not but I needed to clarify. And on further thought, I suspect you are saying that the way one depicts the new method is Alt+G+T
rather than Alt-G-T.
Hmmm. I think I got it. If that's the take, then no further response needed for this post.
Cheers ...
Gil

"gil" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
I'm wondering how easy it might be ... or not ... to assign a key stroke like Alt-G-T as a shortcut for a macro rather than
Alt+G,T? It would seem on the surface, that the flow of typing might be a little smoother with the new way. It might require a
little less dexterity. So my question is, how do you assign a "sequential trigger?"
I'll tune back in tomorrow.
tia
Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you've lost me since I don't use that kind of keyboard shortcut for
menus or the Ribbon.* But I don't think the new method is any different from
the old one. Alt alone has always activated the menu bar (in Word 2003, the
File item is highlighted when you press Alt), though you don't get the
dramatic display of popups. If you happen to press another accelerator key
at the same time, then you might get a little faster response. But for menu
items (and their equivalent on the Ribbon), I'd use Alt, G, T to depict the
sequential nature of the keypresses.

*That is, I use Ctrl+P to open the Print dialog but not Alt, F, P (or Alt+F,
P).

http://word.mvps.org

"gil" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm wondering how easy it might be ... or not ... to assign a key stroke
like Alt-G-T as a shortcut for a macro rather than Alt+G,T? It would
seem on the surface, that the flow of typing might be a little smoother
with the new way. It might require a little less dexterity. So my
question is, how do you assign a "sequential trigger?"
I'll tune back in tomorrow.
tia
Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

Asheville, North Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gil gil is offline

Hmmm. Maybe I'm laboring under a misumderstanding. I'll play with it a bit and reconsider. Thanks Suzanne.

"gil" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm wondering how easy it might be ... or not ... to assign a key stroke
like Alt-G-T as a shortcut for a macro rather than Alt+G,T? It would
seem on the surface, that the flow of typing might be a little smoother
with the new way. It might require a little less dexterity. So my
question is, how do you assign a "sequential trigger?"
I'll tune back in tomorrow.
tia
Gil

Ten Second Medical RecordTM

http://www.TenSecondMedicalRecord.com

http://www.KeyChainEMR.com

Asheville, North Carolina

How do I assign who is the current reviewer? Help Me Rhonda Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 07 11:21 AM
assign hotkey Skud Microsoft Word Help 1 September 15th 06 09:46 PM
cannot assign a character to alt+d John K. Microsoft Word Help 3 June 13th 06 02:34 PM
Customize menu with customize picture. Pat Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 05 02:03 PM
re-assign a new template to an old document Sarah Cotterill Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 02:00 PM