Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

Default Differences between two files

What is an easy way to see the differences between two files? I sent a file
to a client for checking, and they sent it back to me an edited version. Is
there any way to get the changes to show up in a different colour or
something?

Thank you for any help with this, and by the way thanks also for very fast
and helpful responses to the previous enquiries I have made here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Ben,

What is an easy way to see the differences between two files? I sent a file
to a client for checking, and they sent it back to me an edited version. Is
there any way to get the changes to show up in a different colour or
something?

You don't mention the version of Word, so I'm not sure the menu command I'm
going to propose is exactly the same as you'll see. But the functionality is
there since time imemorial.

Tools/Compare Documents (or Merge Documents). You can have this execute into a
new document, or into one of the existing documents. It will mark where they
differ with "track changes".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ben K. Bullock

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi Ben,

What is an easy way to see the differences between two files? I sent a
file
to a client for checking, and they sent it back to me an edited version.
Is
there any way to get the changes to show up in a different colour or
something?

You don't mention the version of Word, so I'm not sure the menu command
I'm
going to propose is exactly the same as you'll see. But the functionality
is
there since time imemorial.

Tools/Compare Documents (or Merge Documents). You can have this execute
into a
new document, or into one of the existing documents. It will mark where
they
differ with "track changes".

Thanks for the help. Actually, strangely, it worked out that the document
was the new version of an old document by itself and did the thing
automatically.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:28:50 +0900 from Ben K. Bullock
:
What is an easy way to see the differences between two files? I sent a file
to a client for checking, and they sent it back to me an edited version. Is
there any way to get the changes to show up in a different colour or
something?

In situations like this, I use the free program CSDiff. For Word
files it's a front end to a "track revisions".

http://componentsoftware.com/products/csdiff/news.htm

http://OakRoadSystems.com/