Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
smorgan

Default using forms to create documents

I am trying to create a form (for my own use only) that would allow me
to check off certain items from a standard list and put only the ones i
have checked off into an outline formatted document. Any help that
anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cooz

Hi smorgan,

Perhaps this can be of any use:

Use formfield checkboxes to check your items.
Record any macro in your document (record for example clicking the B button
on the formatting toolbar).
Choose Tools | Macro Macro's...
Select your macro and choose Edit. The VBA editor opens.
Replace the selected macro with the following:

Sub MakeList()
Dim aPar As Paragraph

For Each aPar In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
If aPar.Range.FormFields.Count = 1 Then
If aPar.Range.FormFields(1).CheckBox.Value = False Then
aPar.Range.Font.Hidden = True
End If
Else
aPar.Range.Font.Hidden = True
End If
Next aPar

End Sub

Make a button in your document to activate the macro. Be sure that your
document is still protected when you click it. The macro applies hidden text
to all paragraphs that don't have a checkbox formfield, and to all paragraphs
that have a checkbox formfield that is unchecked - the result is your list.

You can use the document again by pressing the Show/Hide ΒΆ button so that
hidden text is visible, and remove hidden format from the document.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfactory answer to your question, and you are logged in
via Microsoft, please press the "Yes" button next to "Did this post answer