Valerie K.

Default How do I set a customized menu to display when the doc is first op

Hi all,

I've created a template in word with customized menus. When I open a new
Word document using the template, the customized menus do not display until I
select Tools Customize. How do I set the customized menu to display
automatically?

Thanks in advance.
Charles Kenyon

1 - Have them displayed in your template when you save the template. I am
assuming that your custom menus are either on a custom toolbar (preferable)
or on one of the built-in toolbars. I also assume that you saved your
customizations in your template.

2 - Use an AutoOpen / AutoNew macro combination to force display. The code
in these macros would be something like:
Application.CommandBars("My Toolbar").visible = True

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Valerie K." Valerie wrote in message
Hi all,

I've created a template in word with customized menus. When I open a new
Word document using the template, the customized menus do not display
until I
select Tools Customize. How do I set the customized menu to display
automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Werner

I did something similar. The macro runs well but not automatically. i would
like this to be the default state. How is this done?

CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument
CommandBars("Formatting").Enabled = False
CommandBars("MyToolbar").Enabled = True