Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Flower Summer Flower is offline

Default when i put a field (check box) into my form it didn't work - why?

I wanted to place a field into a form (the check mark box). When I placed it
into my form, it didn't work. I have no idea why......anyone out there have
an answer? I would appreciate any assistance since I am stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Did you protect the document? Formfields don't work if the document
isn't protected.

Summer Flower wrote:
I wanted to place a field into a form (the check mark box). When I placed it
into my form, it didn't work. I have no idea why......anyone out there have
an answer? I would appreciate any assistance since I am stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Assuming you mean a checkbox from the Forms Toolbar, you must first 'Lock'
the form before the checkbox becomes active.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Summer Flower" wrote in message
I wanted to place a field into a form (the check mark box). When I placed
it
into my form, it didn't work. I have no idea why......anyone out there
have
an answer? I would appreciate any assistance since I am stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Flower Summer Flower is offline

Default when i put a field (check box) into my form it didn't work - w

After rereading the "help" on form fields and realizing protection did not
referr to password I protected the form and it worked. Thanks for the
response!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Assuming you mean a checkbox from the Forms Toolbar, you must first 'Lock'
the form before the checkbox becomes active.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Summer Flower" wrote in message
I wanted to place a field into a form (the check mark box). When I placed
it
into my form, it didn't work. I have no idea why......anyone out there
have
an answer? I would appreciate any assistance since I am stumped.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Flower Summer Flower is offline

Thanks. I read through the "help" instructions and saw the comment about
protection, but thought it referred to password protection. However, after
rereading it several times I protected the form and it worked. Thanks for
responding to my question.