Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Smith 360

Default email Word doc as attach W/OUT correction marks, etc

When I send a word document as an email attachment all the marks, underlines,
etc. shown on the document showing things Word "doesn't like" such as - no
capitalization at beginning of line, fragmented sentences, possible too many
spaces in between words and also the border of tables I've erased, etc. -
appear to the recipient. How can I make sure it comes to them appearing as
it would in "print preview"? (I need to send resumes out and they've got to
look clean!) Thank you so much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Send as PDF files. Even if you turn off your Show/Hide button, they may have
theirs on, so won't see "print preview". However, you can select all
(Ctrl+A) and set the language to "No Proofing". I suggest doing this AFTER
you've proofed it, of course. You could record a macro to do it, as well.
Then put a button on your toolbar to run the macro on any document at any
time.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/r...osoft_word.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mary Smith 360" wrote in message
When I send a word document as an email attachment all the marks,
underlines,
etc. shown on the document showing things Word "doesn't like" such as - no
capitalization at beginning of line, fragmented sentences, possible too
many
spaces in between words and also the border of tables I've erased, etc. -
appear to the recipient. How can I make sure it comes to them appearing
as
it would in "print preview"? (I need to send resumes out and they've got
look clean!) Thank you so much for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Spelling and Grammar tab of Tools | Options, check "Hide spelling
errors in this document" and "Hide grammatical errors in this document."
Clean up the excess spaces and empty paragraphs using Find and Replace; you
can't guarantee that the recipient won't have nonprinting characters
displayed. For the table gridlines, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm. But you'd be much
better off sending a PDF if you can. Better still, a recent trade journal
article suggests faxing résumés instead of emailing because they produce
hard copy that isn't so easily "deleted."