Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
crorad crorad is offline

Default word wrap in courier new

When I copy a nonWord page and paste it into Word 2003 it doesn't wrap right.
It works with Times New Roman font but not Courier New which I have to
use...company policy. Any way to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Not sure from your cryptic description what the problem is, but as a
guess see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm .

crorad wrote:

When I copy a nonWord page and paste it into Word 2003 it doesn't wrap right.
It works with Times New Roman font but not Courier New which I have to
use...company policy. Any way to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Times New Roman is a PROPORTIONAL font, whereas Courier New (although
TrueType) is metrically designed to behave as its MONOSPACED predecessor,
Courier. I'm afraid it can't be "fixed" 'cause it ain't broke - that's the
way it's designed to work. If you take any body of text composed in a truly
see similar behavior.

If you want more detail here's a wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courier_(typeface)
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones