Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thankyou

Default Copy open MS-WORD document name and location as text

How can I copy the name and location of my open MS-WORD document as text? I
can see the detail in Properties, but that cannot be copied to clipboard.

Can this be done from inside Word? The only (not very easy) way I've found
is to go to recent documents and get it there.

(I keep track of my work with different documents in an 'activities' document)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, you *can* copy this from the Properties dialog. Select the file
path (it will scroll automatically as you drag past the end of what you can
see) and press Ctrl+C to copy.

"Thankyou" wrote in message
How can I copy the name and location of my open MS-WORD document as text?

can see the detail in Properties, but that cannot be copied to clipboard.

Can this be done from inside Word? The only (not very easy) way I've found
is to go to recent documents and get it there.

(I keep track of my work with different documents in an 'activities'

document)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thankyou

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, you *can* copy this from the Properties dialog. Select the file
path (it will scroll automatically as you drag past the end of what you can
see) and press Ctrl+C to copy.

Wow - great! There are a number of cases where no mouse right click is
possible - I'll try Ctrl+C in future.

I'm highly encouraged to take note of other annoyances for which there may
be useful tricks. Thank you!