Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
debi o[_2_] debi o[_2_] is offline

Default password protection

I have password protected my forms using Word 2007. However when staff opens
up the merge template as a "read only" file and then merges and saves and
renames the new file when someone tries to open it they are asked for the
password that should only be needed for the original form. This is causing
us a problem with e-filing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It sounds as though you have set the wrong sort of protection. You need
protection for forms from the developer tab, or easier see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

debi o wrote:
I have password protected my forms using Word 2007. However when
staff opens up the merge template as a "read only" file and then
merges and saves and renames the new file when someone tries to open
it they are asked for the password that should only be needed for the
original form. This is causing us a problem with e-filing.

Password protection Alon Davis Microsoft Word Help 0 July 31st 07 10:56 PM
Password Protection akkrug New Users 0 November 2nd 05 12:37 PM
password protection. I have several documents that are password michael Microsoft Word Help 1 October 19th 05 11:17 PM
password protection [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 07:41 PM
Password Protection JD Microsoft Word Help 3 December 22nd 04 07:56 AM