Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SIU Secretary

Default Merge same Excel list (with selections) into a letter and envelop

When merging names from an Excel worksheet into a letter you are able to make
selections of particular names. Is there a way to use that same selection
for the envelopes. We've been trying to do this, but have not been
successful. We can pull up the same worksheet, but the whole list is there.
The selections are not marked. We know there has to be a way to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The simplest thing to do would be to create a catalog or directory type
mailmerge in which you have the mergefields in the cells of a one row table.
When you execute that merge for the selected names to a new document, you
get a table containing the details for each of the selected names. Insert a
row at the top of that table and enter the mergefield names in the cells of
that row and then save that document and use it as the datasource for both
the letters and the envelopes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.