Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maureen

Default Word Mail Merge Data Form

I work in Word 2000 and would like to insert a second line in a data form
field, rather than exiting and inserting it manually in the data form table.
I've tried ALT + ENTER and it doesn't work. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

To create a new line, you use Shift+Enter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Maureen" wrote in message
I work in Word 2000 and would like to insert a second line in a data form
field, rather than exiting and inserting it manually in the data form
table.
I've tried ALT + ENTER and it doesn't work. Is there anything else I can
do?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Maureen

This works in the word table created by the Data Form input dialogue box. I
would like to be able to do this directly in the Data Form input dialogue box
without creating a new field (e.g., 2 fields to show a government department
and section; or 2 fields for a 2-line civic address such as street and PO
Box).

Can this be done directly in the Data Form input dialogue box???

Thanks

"Maureen" wrote in message
I work in Word 2000 and would like to insert a second line in a data form
field, rather than exiting and inserting it manually in the data form
table.
I've tried ALT + ENTER and it doesn't work. Is there anything else I can
do?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I don't know what you mean by the "Data Form input dialogue box", or what
the particular advantage would be of doing it that way over having separate
fields for each line of data.