Tywardreath

Default Forms - another question

I have a drop down field, that is working great. I'd like another part of the
document to show customised text depending on what option is selected.

So... if they select "Isthmus" from the down down field, I'd like
www.mypage.com/isth.html to show....

I would imagine that somehow this would work by using autotext??? but I just
don't know how to combine the thing to get it to work.

Cheers

Charles Kenyon

This will require an on exit macro to edit your form inserting the
includetext field and then reprotecting your form. I would use AutoText
because it is easier for me to edit than is vba field coding. If you haven't
been doing vba coding, this is probably not the place to start.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tywardreath" wrote in message
I have a drop down field, that is working great. I'd like another part of
the
document to show customised text depending on what option is selected.

So... if they select "Isthmus" from the down down field, I'd like
www.mypage.com/isth.html to show....

I would imagine that somehow this would work by using autotext??? but I
just
don't know how to combine the thing to get it to work.

Cheers

Tywardreath

I used "calculate on exit" on the drop down menu, then populated nested IF
statement to get what I wanted. The code I used is as follows, just in case
the structure is of use to anyone else:

{IF{dropdown1}="Central Area""{AutoText "CA"}"{IF{dropdown1}="Hauraki Gulf
islands"{AutoText "HGI"}"{IF{dropdown1}="Isthmus"{AutoText "Isth"}"}"}"}