Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
katwhit

Default How to merge dates into labels

I have set up an excel data file with dates only. Each cell is formatted to
show, one date. The cells are formatted to show the dates in consecutive
order. The dates are fromatted and appear as follows: Monday, January 2, 2006
Tuesday, January 3, 2006 etc. However, when I use the Word 2003 mail
merge, and say to print labels, the dates are showing only as 01/02/06
01/03/06 etc. How do I correct this? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any help. It is greatly appreciated.
And Merry Christmas !!!
--
katwhit
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You are not doing anything wrong. Word ignores the Excel formatting. You'll
have to add the formatting in Word - see

Select the field in the first label right click and toggle to show

{Mergefield datefieldname}

add the switch \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"

{Mergefield datefieldname \@ "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"}

F9 to update then if necessary toggle back again. Then propagate the labels
to carry the changes to the other labels

katwhit wrote:
I have set up an excel data file with dates only. Each cell is
formatted to show, one date. The cells are formatted to show the
dates in consecutive order. The dates are fromatted and appear as
follows: Monday, January 2, 2006 Tuesday, January 3, 2006 etc.