Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CRICKET

Default Computer will not switch back to default printer.

Problem in Word 2003 running Windows XP. I print to another printer other
than my default printer, then close Word. When I reopen Word, the computer
does not switch back to the default printer. It seems to work fine if I have
all other programs closed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Try going to the Start button on the Windows task bar, select Settings and
then select Printers. Select the printer you want to use as the default and
then click on file in the printer menu and select Set as Default.

That should do it...
--
Kevin Backmann

"CRICKET" wrote:

Problem in Word 2003 running Windows XP. I print to another printer other
than my default printer, then close Word. When I reopen Word, the computer
does not switch back to the default printer. It seems to work fine if I have
all other programs closed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CRICKET

Thanks for your idea, but it didn't help. No matter what default print I
have selected, when in Word it doesn't use the default, it uses the last
printer I specified in Word, even if I close out of Word and reopen.