Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mecha77 Mecha77 is offline

Default documents open in wrong view from within outlook

Hi,
I have a document that needs to be displayed using the 'Print View'. I
save the document using 'Print View' and send it out to mail recipients. When
the mail recipients open the document from within Outlook it displays in
'Reading View'. If I save the attachment to the local drive and then open it,
It opens correctly in 'Print View'. I know I can uncheck "Allow opening in
Reading View" but I was wondering why this behavior occurs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mecha77 Mecha77 is offline

Yes I understand unchecking the box my machine only. Can you tell me why a
document that is saved in 'Print Layout' on my computer open as 'Reading
Layout' on someone elses?

thanks