Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DAKrause5

Default Why does tab key not adjust outlined numbered lists?

I was using the tab key and shift+tab keys to change the level of my outlined
numbered lists. When I came back to my laptop after going to standby I can
no longer uses those shortcuts. The tab key and shift+tab leys just puts
your basic tab into the paragraph. How do I get my computer to recognize the
shortcuts again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. In Word 2000 and earlier, check the box for "Tabs and backspace set left
indent" on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

2. In Word 2002 or 2003, check the box for "Set left- and first-indent with
tabs and backspaces" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools |
AutoCorrect Options.

"DAKrause5" wrote in message
I was using the tab key and shift+tab keys to change the level of my

outlined
numbered lists. When I came back to my laptop after going to standby I

can
no longer uses those shortcuts. The tab key and shift+tab leys just puts
your basic tab into the paragraph. How do I get my computer to recognize

the
shortcuts again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DAKrause5

Thank you very much! That worked. Could I have accidently turn that option
off one time when it performed an auto-correct?

"DAKrause5" wrote in message
I was using the tab key and shift+tab keys to change the level of my

outlined
numbered lists. When I came back to my laptop after going to standby I

can
no longer uses those shortcuts. The tab key and shift+tab leys just puts
your basic tab into the paragraph. How do I get my computer to recognize

the
shortcuts again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's a good question. So many users post this type of question here that I
suspect this may be one of the settings that either (a) Word loses easily or
(b) add-ins often inadvertently tamper with.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

1. In Word 2000 and earlier, check the box for "Tabs and backspace set

left
indent" on the Edit tab of Tools | Options.

2. In Word 2002 or 2003, check the box for "Set left- and first-indent

with
tabs and backspaces" on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools |
AutoCorrect Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.