RaviS

Default Word should include few table features (such as inserting rows) ..

Word should include a few more table features (such as inserting new rows) in
the options menu (when you right-click), and remove some less-used features
such as the split cells option. I know that there are some keyboard
shortcuts, such as 'tab'ing at the end of a row creating a new row, but
having these important features in the right-click menu really help.
Stefan Blom

You can add items to a right-click menu via ToolsCustomize. In
the Customize dialog box, click the Toolbars tab. Display the
context menus. Then click the Commands tab and drag the desired
commands to the proper context menu. Delete the ones that you
don't need.

--
Stefan Blom

"RaviS" wrote in message
Word should include a few more table features (such as

inserting new rows) in
the options menu (when you right-click), and remove some

less-used features
such as the split cells option. I know that there are some

keyboard
shortcuts, such as 'tab'ing at the end of a row creating a new

row, but
having these important features in the right-click menu really

help.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Ravi,

To add one bit to Stefan's reply, the Insert Row choice
is available in the right click menu for a table depending
on the context of the selection you have made.

For example if you go to the left margin of the table and
click to select a row then right click Word should show
you the option of adding a row (i.e. the context is row based).

Using Tools=Customize=Toolbars=[x] Shortcut menus
you can add the commands in that Stefan mentioned so
that it appears without selecting a row first.

=======
"RaviS" wrote in message ...
Word should include a few more table features (such as inserting new rows) in
the options menu (when you right-click), and remove some less-used features
such as the split cells option. I know that there are some keyboard
shortcuts, such as 'tab'ing at the end of a row creating a new row, but
having these important features in the right-click menu really help.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Jean-Guy Marcil

RaviS was telling us:
RaviS nous racontait que :

Word should include a few more table features (such as inserting new
rows) in the options menu (when you right-click), and remove some
less-used features such as the split cells option. I know that there
are some keyboard shortcuts, such as 'tab'ing at the end of a row
creating a new row, but having these important features in the
right-click menu really help.

To add to what Bob so eloquently wrote:

Furthermore, if you select, let's say, 4 rows, Word will insert 4 rows.
The same with columns. Bring your cursor near the top edge of the table
until it turns into a little thick black down arrow, click (or click and
drag) to select a column (or many columns).

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Tom Smith

I'm in Word 2003. When I follow your directions, I get to at least 3
different table-related menus. Which is the right one to use (and what are
the others for?)?

Thx. much. toms
"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"RaviS" wrote in message

Word should include a few more table features (such as inserting new rows)

in
the options menu (when you right-click), and remove some less-used

features
such as the split cells option. I know that there are some keyboard
shortcuts, such as 'tab'ing at the end of a row creating a new row, but
having these important features in the right-click menu really help.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

That's rather the point. g The reason shortcut menus are also called
"context menus" is that which one you get depends on the context. When you
decide that a command is so essential to you that you want it to be
available in *any* context, you may find that there are rather more contexts
than you realized that you have to add it to! In the case of tables, there
are actually seven different shortcut menus: Linked Whole Table, Table Cell,
Table Headings, Table Lists, Table Text, Tables, and Whole Tables. Table
Cell and Table Text are the most granular levels.