Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
bjmoose bjmoose is offline

Default Tables & Borders toolbar

How can I make the Tables & Borders toolbar open automatically whenever I
open or enter a table? It used to do this and since my last upgrade it
doesn't so I always have to open it manually. Minor but frustrating!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi,

though I can't remember the toolbar having ever appeared
automatically, you might use a windowselectionchange event
to get that functionality.

See:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/AppClassEvents.htm

plus in the class module:

Option Explicit

Public WithEvents oApp As Word.Application

Private Sub oApp_WindowSelectionChange(ByVal Sel As Selection)
If Selection.Information(wdWithInTable) Then
Application.CommandBars("Tables and Borders").Visible = True
Else
Application.CommandBars("Tables and Borders").Visible = False
End If
End Sub

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Do the following:

1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.
2. In the Customize dialog box, click the Toolbars Tab.
3. Click the New button.
The New Tool bar dialog box appears.
a. In the Toobar name box, enter a name for the new tool bar
b. In the Make toolbar available to list, select your current document
or the Normal.dot tempalte.
click OK
4. Click the Commands tab
5. Under Categories list, select Tables.
6. Click each command under the Commands list, and drag in to the New tool
bar that is visible.
7. Click Close.
8. Do one of the following:
a. If you have selected your current document for Make toolbar available
to list, then save the document.
b. If you have selected your Normal.dot for Make toolbar available to
list, then open a new document

The Tablels tool bar will automaticall be displayed.

Note: You must use a custom tool bar to display new tool bars automatically.

Challa Prabhu

"bjmoose" wrote:

How can I make the Tables & Borders toolbar open automatically whenever I
open or enter a table? It used to do this and since my last upgrade it
doesn't so I always have to open it manually. Minor but frustrating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Sorry for the incomple procedure. I missed one more about the Borders.

Follow the same procedure for Border tool bar if you want to create a
different tool bar or alternatively you can select the Borders Category and
click all the Border commands into the same custom tool bar you created for
Tables earlier in one Tool bar..

Challa Prabhu