kalkar

Default hide formatting text

When saving a word document as a web page (htm), is there a way to modify the
htm code to put in some script to automatically hide formatting text and
hidden fields if launched in word?
lostinspace

kalkar

Let me explain it this way, I have a web application that collects
information from the customer. They wanted the ability when generating an
output from this app to generate it as a word document. So I save the web
form/page, to the server with a .doc extension. So when this is launched by
default it opens up ms word. Now, if they have show/hide formatting text
enabled, when word opens up the document it displays, hidden text, paragrah
breaks, ect, ect.

My question is can I control from some script in a web page, asp, java,
vbscript, that when this document is opened in word I can control the hidden
text.

Display (or nondisplay) of nonprinting characters is set on the individual
user's machine. Although you could control it with a macro, users would not
thank you for it (and most users either have security set to disable macros
automatically or will not enable them). Users who choose to display
nonprinting characters are used to seeing them. If what you are formatting
as "hidden" is something you don't want users to see, then you need to come
up with some other kind of security.

"kalkar" wrote in message
Let me explain it this way, I have a web application that collects
information from the customer. They wanted the ability when generating an
output from this app to generate it as a word document. So I save the web
form/page, to the server with a .doc extension. So when this is launched

by
default it opens up ms word. Now, if they have show/hide formatting text
enabled, when word opens up the document it displays, hidden text,

paragrah
breaks, ect, ect.

My question is can I control from some script in a web page, asp, java,
vbscript, that when this document is opened in word I can control the

hidden
text.

kalkar

Thanks, you are correct, I really dont want to accomplish with a macro. The
hidden fields and formatting text is not really a security concern, the users
are very basic and get confused really easy. I will advise them that if the
formatting text appears to press the paragraph button in word to view the
word document with displaying the formatted text. Thanx again