Hpendragon

Default Autotext

Can anyone tell me if you can globally change the font on autotext entries
without individually changing each one?
--
Hpendragon
Jay Freedman

Hpendragon wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can globally change the font on autotext
entries without individually changing each one?

Word doesn't provide any built-in way to change anything (including
spelling) within an autotext entry except by recreating it.

I have a pair of templates that may help you make mass changes. Download the
autotextdumper and autotextloader from http://jay-freedman.info and unzip
them into your Templates folder. Also make a backup copy of Normal.dot, just
in case something goes bang.

First use File New and choose autotextdumper.dot, and click the button on
the floating toolbar. That creates a document containing a table of the
autotext entries from the template you select.

In that document, change the font or other things, and save it.

Then use File New and choose autotextloader.dot. Click the button and
select the document you just edited, and the template to load. When it's
done, you should have the new set of autotext entries in the template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

Only through the use of styles and modifying styles in the receiving
document. Note, though, that style names are what Word uses to organize its
AutoText entries.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.