Bob B.

Default The "save in " command in the 'Save as" menu hands the computert

I have developed a problem with MS Office, all applications. It may be a
bug in Office. When I do a "save as" and try to pull down the menu for "Save
in" the little window goes blank and the whole system hangs up. I have to go
into task manager to stop the process. Some times I must actually turn off
the power.

I have now upgrades from Win 2000 to Win XP, I reformatted my c: drive
before the installation. Then I installed MS office 2003 for students and
faculty again. It seemed to activate without problem. The same problem
occured. I have not cured it. I uninstalled it and installed MSOffice XP
2002. The same problem. I then went back to Office 2003.

What is the probem.? How do I cure it? Is it a bug in Windows 2003 and 2002?

garfield-n-odie

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click on
Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped network drives that are
not currently available.

"Bob B." wrote:

I have developed a problem with MS Office, all applications. It may be a
bug in Office. When I do a "save as" and try to pull down the menu for "Save
in" the little window goes blank and the whole system hangs up. I have to go
into task manager to stop the process. Some times I must actually turn off
the power.

I have now upgrades from Win 2000 to Win XP, I reformatted my c: drive
before the installation. Then I installed MS office 2003 for students and
faculty again. It seemed to activate without problem. The same problem
occured. I have not cured it. I uninstalled it and installed MSOffice XP
2002. The same problem. I then went back to Office 2003.

What is the probem.? How do I cure it? Is it a bug in Windows 2003 and 2002?

Bob B.

Bob B.

That did it thanks. I had not thought of that and I map my laptop drive to
my desktop. My laptop was off.

Thia makes me a believer in this web site also.