Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kreacher1954

Default Embedding Windows Media Player

Can I embed Windows Media Player into a word document so that it plays one
song?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can embed a wma file in Word which can be played with Windows Media
Player, but you don't embed the player itself (well I suppose you could but
it wouldn't be any use).

You can make it play automatically with VBA code if you wish ...

(embedfieldreference).OLEFormat.DoVerb wdOLEVerbOpen

What exactly do you want to do?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kreacher1954" wrote in message
Can I embed Windows Media Player into a word document so that it plays one
song?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kreacher1954

What exactly do I want to do? - Apart from learn how to use VBA in Word (as
opposed to Access & Excel)? I would like the recipient to be able to click
on an image/icon and a particular .wma file to play.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

You can embed a wma file in Word which can be played with Windows Media
Player, but you don't embed the player itself (well I suppose you could but
it wouldn't be any use).

You can make it play automatically with VBA code if you wish ...

(embedfieldreference).OLEFormat.DoVerb wdOLEVerbOpen

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kreacher1954" wrote in message
Can I embed Windows Media Player into a word document so that it plays one
song?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

To get code, record yourself doing this ...

Select Insert Object from the Menu
Click on the Create from File tab.
Click on Browse.. and find your wna file. and click on Insert.
Then check "Display as Icon" and uncheck "Link to File" and press OK.

The .wma file wil be embedded in your document and when the recipient double
clicks on it they should be able to play it with Windows Media Player.