Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becca6512

Default How do I combine several docs into 1 w/out messing up formmatting?

For research, I need to combine several sections of a psychopathological
diagnostic instrument into one, long continuous document. When I try to use
cut and past, the formatting gets all messed up. I tried to simply "insert"
the other documents, but it says I need a converter which I do not have. Any
suggestions? Please help out a frustrated college student!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Before you cut and paste, turn on your Show|Hide feature and when you are
highlighting the text to be copied, make sure that you do NOT select the last
pilcrow (paragraph mark) which is where all the formatting is saved. Then
you should be able to paste your text into the document without it
interfering with your formatting.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP