Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
valerie valerie is offline

Default ms word download

I have only 256 memory and no ms word. Can someone help me find a download to
get ms word for windows xp?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You are asking in a Microsoft help forum how to find an illegal download of
one of their products? Instead of stealing software, download Open Office
which is free and Word compatible.

"Valerie" wrote in message
I have only 256 memory and no ms word. Can someone help me find a download
get ms word for windows xp?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see that she said she doesn't want to pay for it; being a long
obsolete product, wouldn't it be hanging around eBay for a pittance?

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Valerie" wrote in message

I have only 256 memory and no ms word. Can someone help me find a download
get ms word for windows xp?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word 2002 is actually still supported, and the issue seems to be finding a
version that will run on 256 MB of RAM. According to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...126751033.aspx, Word 2002 can
run on as little as 32 MB (requires 132 MB under Windows XP). HD space
requirements must also be taken into account.

http://word.mvps.org

"Valerie" wrote in message

I have only 256 memory and no ms word. Can someone help me find a
download
get ms word for windows xp?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Still supported (though, for how much longer?), but they won't sell it
to her!

My first word processor, PerfectWriter, came with my Kaypro 4/84 and
ran on 64 K [sic] RAM.

version that will run on 256 MB of RAM. According tohttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102126751033.aspx, Word 2002 can
run on as little as 32 MB (requires 132 MB under Windows XP). HD space
requirements must also be taken into account.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

"Valerie" wrote in message

I have only 256 memory and no ms word. Can someone help me find a
download
get ms word for windows xp?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think WordStar was the first I used. We had a Compaq "luggable" with two
5.25" floppies and no HD. We had upgraded the RAM to a whopping.640K,
though, so we had plenty of room to swing a cat. g