Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

Default cross referencing problem

I add captions for equations but when i add cross reference to those
equations in the text, it inserts all the things includes equation, equation
number etc. None of the choices in the menus help me to exclude equation
itself and leave only the equation number. How can i prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
seyyah

Thanks. I have another problem. I create new lable for caption but it gets
lost when i restart the program. What can i do to keep it saved?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
To avoid this, put the equation and caption in separate cells of a
one-row,
two-column borderless table.

so
all may benefit.