Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PegW

Default Why do I get European date formats to choose from in my template?

I have created a form (template) with several text entry fields. Although
everything else is in English, when I change the properties on one field to
"current date" I am offered only European date formats. If I choose the
format that gives the name of the month, it appears to be Spanish.

How can I get this to be a US date format, like MM/dd/yy? I did check the
Word overall language settings to make sure I only have Western European and
US enabled.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGVnVw==?=,

I have created a form (template) with several text entry fields. Although
everything else is in English, when I change the properties on one field to
"current date" I am offered only European date formats. If I choose the
format that gives the name of the month, it appears to be Spanish.

When the document is not protected, and you click in this field, which language
is active in Tools/Language/Set Language? If it's not US English, back out,
select all the text, then go back into this dialog box and choose US English.

How can I get this to be a US date format, like MM/dd/yy? I did check the
Word overall language settings to make sure I only have Western European and
US enabled.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org