Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob

Default How do I add date formats to the "Insert date and time" list?

The list of date formats in the drop down list does not contain the normal
U.S. format i.e. "June 22, 2006" The only language I set up is "English,
U.S.". The list contains the European/Latin American format of "22, June
2006"

True U.S. format should contain June 22, 2006 as a format.

How can I add this to the list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The list will include this format if it is selected as your default long
date format in Control Panel | Regional Options. You can format a date any
way you want using field switches; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm. If you don't want a
field, then it's easier to type the date in manually than to use the dialog.