Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PC Doctor PC Doctor is offline

Default How do I duplicate letter content in heading with word?

I am working with a template and want three items copied automatically into
the heading area (all pages). I know I can copy them by copy and paste but
was looking for another way to remove extra key strokes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Perhaps if you could explain exactly what it is you are trying to do (and
with which Word version) we could tell you how to do it. On the face of it
you should look at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

PC Doctor wrote:
I am working with a template and want three items copied
automatically into the heading area (all pages). I know I can copy
them by copy and paste but was looking for another way to remove
extra key strokes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Anything you put in the header will be repeated on all pages (see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm). If you want the header
to pick up text that appears in the document itself, you may be able to use
the StyleRef field; see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm