Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrmortcia hrmortcia is offline

Default 2007 Form Text box alignment of text

I am brand new to forms and have followed the tutorials and have a
functioning form.

However the text entered into text boxes, even though the boxes themselves
are "aligned with text", is not in line with the text. Is there a way to
accomplish this so that the finished product does not look like a form filled
out by an unskilled typewriter user?

Currently the text once entered "hovers" above the line of text it is
supposed to be completing.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you say "text box," are you referring to a text form field or an actual
text box AutoShape? If the latter, note that text boxes are not compatible
with protected forms. You can insert the form fields themselves In Line With
Text.

"hrmortcia" wrote in message
news
I am brand new to forms and have followed the tutorials and have a
functioning form.

However the text entered into text boxes, even though the boxes themselves
are "aligned with text", is not in line with the text. Is there a way to
accomplish this so that the finished product does not look like a form
filled
out by an unskilled typewriter user?

Currently the text once entered "hovers" above the line of text it is
supposed to be completing.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrmortcia hrmortcia is offline

I am talking about the text box you insert using the ActiveX controls under
the Developer tabcontrols panel.

As I stated above, although the properties say that it is "in line with
text" the text you enter into the box appears about 1/2 of a line above the
other text.

I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get the text to line up.
If I change the boxes' text wrapping properties they won't stay in the
correct spot.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you say "text box," are you referring to a text form field or an actual
text box AutoShape? If the latter, note that text boxes are not compatible
with protected forms. You can insert the form fields themselves In Line With
Text.

"hrmortcia" wrote in message
news
I am brand new to forms and have followed the tutorials and have a
functioning form.

However the text entered into text boxes, even though the boxes themselves
are "aligned with text", is not in line with the text. Is there a way to
accomplish this so that the finished product does not look like a form
filled
out by an unskilled typewriter user?

Currently the text once entered "hovers" above the line of text it is
supposed to be completing.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi hrmortcia,

What effect are you trying to achieve with that field and how will it be used?

The web (ActiveX) Textbox control itself is inline with text, the text within the control is affected by several factors including
the height of the box (adjustable by using points in the height (i.e. type 11pt), the 'shadow effect' of the box and the top
margin, both of which you can modify through the property dialog on the developer tab for that control, but that will in turn affect
the font size used in the box.

You may want to try, instead the Word 2007 Rich Text content control
================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrmortcia hrmortcia is offline

Hi Bob,

I am trying to create a form we can fill out digitally in our office. We
want the check box functionality, which requires locking the form to editing
(as far as I can tell, I am new to forms), as well as the ability to enter
text into several fields. The form is a letter we send out to faculty and
requires that we enter the instructor's name, student's name, class name and
class ID number as well as selecting items from a list that may or may not
apply to each student (thus the checkboxes).

Is there a way to have checkboxes and the rich text formatting?

Thank you!

"hrmortcia" wrote in message ...
I am talking about the text box you insert using the ActiveX controls under
the Developer tabcontrols panel.

As I stated above, although the properties say that it is "in line with
text" the text you enter into the box appears about 1/2 of a line above the
other text.

I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get the text to line up.
If I change the boxes' text wrapping properties they won't stay in the
correct spot.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrmortcia hrmortcia is offline

I have figured out how to lock sections of the document! This solves my
dilemma and i greatly appreciate your help as it put me on the path to this
solution!

Thank you again!

"hrmortcia" wrote in message ...
I am talking about the text box you insert using the ActiveX controls under
the Developer tabcontrols panel.

As I stated above, although the properties say that it is "in line with
text" the text you enter into the box appears about 1/2 of a line above the
other text.

I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get the text to line up.
If I change the boxes' text wrapping properties they won't stay in the
correct spot.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

how do I set up text form fields in word 2007? ozeld Microsoft Word Help 5 July 31st 08 12:44 AM
Text Alignment Elisha Page Layout 3 April 5th 08 02:13 PM
Word 2007: Text box vertical alignment Josh Microsoft Word Help 5 January 21st 08 04:29 PM
Form function with image insertion and text alignment flexibility Lito Kusnadi Microsoft Word Help 2 January 4th 06 07:10 AM
Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box? Fien Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 03:47 PM