Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] blackgorilla@gmail.com is offline

Default transfer bibliography

Issue: Word 2007 . Can we transfer 'Bibliography' from one computer to
another computer?

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you referring to simply transferring a copy of your 'Master List' of bibliography sources from one computer to another for Word
2007?

If so, it's stored in a file named Sources.xml with a default location (Windows XP) of
C:\Document and Settings\YourLogonID\Application Data\Microsoft\Bibliography

================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

Hi Bob,

Once you have the source.xml file, how do you get it to work on your new
computer? do you just copy it into that same location and it will work
automatically?

Thanks,

Steven

wrote in message ...

Issue: Word 2007 . Can we transfer 'Bibliography' from one computer to
another computer?

Thanks in Advance
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Steven,

Basically, yes Be sure that if there is an existing master list (source.xml) that you don't lose those entries by replacing one
copy/version of the file with the other.

===============
"Steven" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

Once you have the source.xml file, how do you get it to work on your new
computer? do you just copy it into that same location and it will work
automatically?

Thanks,

Steven
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

ok, but how would you do that? can you just name one i.e. source2.xml, or do
you need to combine them somehow?

thanks

"Steven" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

Once you have the source.xml file, how do you get it to work on your new
computer? do you just copy it into that same location and it will work
automatically?

Thanks,

Steven
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

Hi Steven,

As far as I know it is not possible to access multiple master lists
simultaneously from Word 2007. Besides, if you add a new entry, how
would Word know to which file it should add it.

I used the following workaround successfully in the past:
1)Create a new docx document.
2)Go to the reference tab and select 'Manage Sources'.
3)Select all elements in the master list box on the left, and click
'Copy -' to copy them to your document.
4)Save the document and transfer it to your other computer.

5)Open the document on the other computer.
6)Go to the reference tab and select 'Manage Sources'.
7)Select all elements in current list, and click '- Copy' to merge
them into your master list.

BR,

Yves

"Bob * Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Steven,

Basically, yes *Be sure that if there is an existing master list (source.xml) that you don't lose those entries by replacing one
copy/version of the file with the other.

===============
* "Steven" wrote in ...
Hi Bob,

* *Once you have the source.xml file, how do you get it to work on your new
computer? do you just copy it into that same location and it will work
automatically?

Thanks,

Steven
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

* *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -