Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gail Root Gail Root is offline

Default how to edit a protectect document in 2007 - unprotect

Just moved from 2003 to 2007 and have several documents with password
protection that need to be edited with changes. What's the process to
unprotect a document so it can be edited?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PamC PamC is offline

You'll need to add the Developer tab to your ribbon. (Office button Word
Options Show Developer tab in Ribbon) If the document you want to
edit is password protected, the Stop Protection button will appear at the
bottom of the Restrict formatting and editing pane.

PamC

"Gail Root" wrote:

Just moved from 2003 to 2007 and have several documents with password
protection that need to be edited with changes. What's the process to
unprotect a document so it can be edited?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoi Khoi is offline

I found out how to unprotect but the problem I got now is whenever I
unprotect a protected document, formfields get reset. How do I prevent that?