Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Evan Evan is offline

Default Saving in text only

I'm trying to save a doc in text only format at 9 pt but when the doc is
reopened, Word 2007 it reverts to 10.5? Is there no way to change the font
style and size in a text document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Technically, No - that's why it's called a plain text file:-)

By & large true text files don't retain any formatting information at all,
just an indication of what characters are called for. It's usually
determined by the application opening the file as to what font & font size
is used to display the file's content.

Word 2007 apparently uses Courier New 10.5 - which surprises me, I thought
It used Consolas (at least that's what the Plain Text Style calls for). You
can modify Word's Plain Text style, but I'm finding that no matter what font
I change to it continues to apply Courier New even though it respects the
size... Doesn't seem to matter whether proportional or fixed width.

If you need to retain formatting you might consider Rich Text (RTF) rather
than plain text.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac