Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brian3ps brian3ps is offline

Default Default date in Text form field

In Word 2003, how do I set the Default date in a Text form field (Type: Date,
Fill-in enabled) to the current date?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set the field type property to current date rather than date?

brian3ps wrote:
In Word 2003, how do I set the Default date in a Text form field
(Type: Date, Fill-in enabled) to the current date?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brian3ps brian3ps is offline

I tried that, but then the field can no longer be edited (Fill-in enable is
grayed out). I need to allow this field to be changed if necessary ... just
want it to default to the current date.

brian3ps wrote:
In Word 2003, how do I set the Default date in a Text form field
(Type: Date, Fill-in enabled) to the current date?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The current date is always the current date, but if you want to edit the
field, you will need instead an on-entry macro to fill the date eg assuming
the text field is bookmarked "Date1", the following will insert the current
date in that field when you tab into it, in the format of the switch - here
"dd\MM\yyyy"

Sub SetDate()
Dim sDate As Date
sDate = Format((Now), "dd/MM/yyyy")
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Date1").Result = sDate
End Sub