Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Garret Garret is offline

Default Automatic hyphenation in Word 2007

I have two problems with Word 2007 regarding hyphenation. First, sometimes
the hyphens come at a place that is obviously wrong. I know how to fix it
manually, and those errors are fairly rare, but it is strange that it can
happen in some very common words.
Second, Word keeps giving me a message that hyphenation tool is not
installed and I need to install it. I put in the Office 2007 disk and ran
"repair" installation. It did no good. I tried to find out how to install
hyphenation modules from the dvd, but found the customized installation menu
very hard to understand. Except for the occasional problem mentioned above,
hyphenation works. I just keep getting that annoying message that I need to
install it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Garret wrote:
Second, Word keeps giving me a message that hyphenation tool is not
installed and I need to install it. I put in the Office 2007 disk and ran
"repair" installation. It did no good. I tried to find out how to install
hyphenation modules from the dvd, but found the customized installation menu
very hard to understand. Except for the occasional problem mentioned above,
hyphenation works. I just keep getting that annoying message that I need to
install it.
Any suggestions?

often, this means that the hyphenation tool _for a given language_ is
missing. You (and Word, if you let it) can set the language of every
Word differently. So, if your text happens to have a Word in "Spanish"
and the Spanish proofing tools are not installed, this could explain it.

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |