Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dana1 Dana1 is offline

Default quick part entry

How can I prevent my cursor from jumping to next line (return) after
inserting a phrase midsentence using a quick part entry?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dana1 Dana1 is offline

Default Quick Parts entry formatting question

"Dana1" wrote:

How can I prevent my cursor from jumping to next line (return) after
inserting a phrase midsentence using a quick part entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dana,

Under Insert=Quick Parts=Building Block Organizer, locate your entry and then use [Edit Properties] to see if your entry has a an
option ither than 'Insert content only' and if that is correct then you may need to capture and resave the entry under the same name
being careful not to include an end of line or paragraph character as part of the entry.

Turn on the
Home tab=Paragraph group =Show/Hide command
to see where those markers are.

If it's difficult to not include the paragraph marker, you may find it helpful to go to Office Button=Word Options=Advanced and in
the 'Editing Options' settings turn off
'When selecting, automatically select entire word'
and/or
'Use smart paragraph selection'
when creating your entries.
===============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dana1 Dana1 is offline

I've taken all of your suggestions to no avail--any other thoughts? If this
isn't going to work then I guess for the way I use them the quick parts
option is useless to
me

"Dana1" wrote in message ...
How can I prevent my cursor from jumping to next line (return) after
inserting a phrase midsentence using a quick part entry?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dana,

Hmmm. It's not clear why this isn't working see what results you get with the folowing test. While in print layout view.

1. In a new Word document type
=rand(5,3)
then press the enter key to generate sample text.

2. In the 2nd paragraph select a middle section from the paragraph, click the 'highlighter' button on the format toolbar, then with
the text still selected use Insert=Quick Parts=Save Selection to Quick Parts Gallery.

3. In the 'Create new building block' dialog set Give the entry the name ~First Entry, and choose the option for 'insert content
only.

4. Close the document without saving.

5. Repeat step #1.

6. Place the cursor somewhere in the middle of one of the paragraphs of text and use Insert=QuickParts and select the ~First Entry
choice to insert it into the text. The text should jump into the middle of the other text without adding a new line.