Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kris kris is offline

Default word 2007 - style gallery and live preview

hiya - we're encountering an odd problem that we've narrowed down to addins;
however i've got associates with totally differerent addins that are
experiencing the same issue, so i thought i would get your take on the
matter. we're using office 2007 - windows xp.
Open Outlook (or have any other window open)
Open Word
Open a new doc.
Change the style to something in the style gallery (Title or t1 for example,
but not normal).
Click the down arrow to display the entire style gallery.
You can move your cursor on any style listed and the paragraph will show the
format of that style, but when you move your cursor over the same style that
is already applied, it's like doing an Alt-Tab. You'll either be switched to
outlook, or outlook will flash and disappear (or the other window). If it's
the latter, then everything on the word ribbon will be dead in the water
until you switch to another app and back.
if i turn off live preview, everything is great. if i have a generic install
(no addins), then everything is great too. however having a vanilla build and
adding the addins one by one or having a build and removing the addins one by
one is not pointing to anything! i'm stumped. any help would be appreciated.