Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] troutkila@gmail.com is offline

Default Having problems with my form

I created a form using word 2007 and when I create a text box that is
a few lines long and type across the page my text goes in to
"infinity" off the page but it wont use the other lines in my text
box. When I right click in the text box and go to format object the
"text box" tab is not active. Am I missing something, or is it more
complicated? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I created a form using word 2007 and when I create a text box that is
a few lines long and type across the page my text goes in to
"infinity" off the page but it wont use the other lines in my text
box. When I right click in the text box and go to format object the
"text box" tab is not active. Am I missing something, or is it more
complicated?

Which command did you use to create this "text box". (There are at
least three different kinds of "text box" in Word...)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
troutkila[_2_] troutkila[_2_] is offline

On Jun 13, 10:19 am, Cindy M. wrote:
I created a form using word 2007 and when I create a text box that is
a few lines long and type across the page my text goes in to
"infinity" off the page but it wont use the other lines in my text
box. When I right click in the text box and go to format object the
"text box" tab is not active. Am I missing something, or is it more
complicated?

Which command did you use to create this "text box". (There are at
least three different kinds of "text box" in Word...)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

I used the developer ribbon, the controls tab, legacy tools, and the
text box under active x controls
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:34:05 -0700 (PDT), troutkila wrote:

On Jun 13, 10:19 am, Cindy M. wrote:
I created a form using word 2007 and when I create a text box that is
a few lines long and type across the page my text goes in to
"infinity" off the page but it wont use the other lines in my text
box. When I right click in the text box and go to format object the
"text box" tab is not active. Am I missing something, or is it more
complicated?

Which command did you use to create this "text box". (There are at
least three different kinds of "text box" in Word...)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org

I used the developer ribbon, the controls tab, legacy tools, and the
text box under active x controls

If you insist on using the ActiveX text box control (which is what you have
now), select the box and click first the Design Mode button and then the
Properties button on the Developer ribbon. In the Properties dialog, change the
MultiLine property from False to True. Close the Properties dialog and click
Design Mode again to turn it off. That will allow the text box to wrap text to
the remaining lines.

If the form will be used only in Word 2007, you should probably build your form
with Rich Text content controls instead of legacy controls. That's the top left
button in the Controls group.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
troutkila[_2_] troutkila[_2_] is offline

Thank you for helping me with this. I just have one more question.
Now that my form is all put together when I fill it out is there any
way to be able to do a search based on certain search criteria to
find likenesses in word or do I need to use a program like InfoPath?

Troutkila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:46:22 -0700 (PDT), troutkila wrote:

Thank you for helping me with this. I just have one more question.
Now that my form is all put together when I fill it out is there any
way to be able to do a search based on certain search criteria to
find likenesses in word or do I need to use a program like InfoPath?

Troutkila

Do you mean a search within a document using Word's Find function, or a search
through Windows Explorer's Search function to find documents containing a word
or phrase?

If you use content controls, both of those searches work.

If you use text form fields, the Windows Explorer search will find the file, but
Word's Find function will be disabled unless you unprotect the document (but
then it will find the search term if it occurs inside a form field).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Form creation problems petlover Microsoft Word Help 1 June 25th 07 09:07 PM
Problems with a form Bret Snipes Formatting Long Documents 1 June 23rd 07 10:36 PM
Form Protection Problems Zakhary Microsoft Word Help 5 October 31st 06 03:26 AM
Form Field Problems Doug_C Tables 1 September 9th 05 04:56 PM
Emailing a form problems CCT Microsoft Word Help 0 August 2nd 05 10:00 PM