Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonesy

Default screentips not staying on

Whenever I close down Word 2003 I loose my screentips and have to go back
into customize and reselect it. Does anyone know how to fix this please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When Word doesn't save Options settings, it can be because of a damaged
Registry key; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm
for instructions on rebuilding it. But sometimes the problem is caused by an
add-in that changes the settings at startup.

"Jonesy" wrote in message
Whenever I close down Word 2003 I loose my screentips and have to go back
into customize and reselect it. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That turned out to be the problem when I had an Options setting that
wouldn't "stick." I even tried recording an AutoExec macro to set it at
startup, but of course that didn't help because the add-in was loading
later. sigh

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When Word doesn't save Options settings, it can be because of a damaged
Registry key; see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm
for instructions on rebuilding it. But sometimes the problem is caused

by an
add-in that changes the settings at startup.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.