Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Default Graphic not staying in place

I have a 1x1 table within a table that holds a graphic and text should wrap
around it. I have it set to Wrapping Style of Square and have assigned this
inserted table with its graphic to AutoText. 90% of the time the table is
inserted properly with the graphic in place. The other 10% of the time the
graphic jumps outside of the table and appears about 1" below it. No matter
what I do in those 10% situations I cannot get the graphic to stay in the
right location.

THere must be some trick I'm missing.

THanks for any help.

Deb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Floating (wrapped) graphics and tables are in different layers of the
document and it is no surprise that you are having trouble keeping them
together. Put the graphic in a cell of its own and set the wrap to In Line.

Deb wrote:
I have a 1x1 table within a table that holds a graphic and text
should wrap around it. I have it set to Wrapping Style of Square and
have assigned this inserted table with its graphic to AutoText. 90%
of the time the table is inserted properly with the graphic in place.
The other 10% of the time the graphic jumps outside of the table and
appears about 1" below it. No matter what I do in those 10%
situations I cannot get the graphic to stay in the right location.

THere must be some trick I'm missing.

THanks for any help.

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

PERFECT! Thank you, Graham.

BTW, where can I get information about the "layers" of the Word document so
I might avoid these types of issues in the future?

Deb

Deb wrote:
I have a 1x1 table within a table that holds a graphic and text
should wrap around it. I have it set to Wrapping Style of Square and
have assigned this inserted table with its graphic to AutoText. 90%
of the time the table is inserted properly with the graphic in place.
The other 10% of the time the graphic jumps outside of the table and
appears about 1" below it. No matter what I do in those 10%
situations I cannot get the graphic to stay in the right location.

THere must be some trick I'm missing.

THanks for any help.

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's some information about layers in €śWD2000: General Information About
Floating Objects€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268713. Though
written for Word 2000, it is generally applicable to subsequent versions,
and there doesn't seem to be a comparable article for later versions.

Deb wrote:
I have a 1x1 table within a table that holds a graphic and text
should wrap around it. I have it set to Wrapping Style of Square and
have assigned this inserted table with its graphic to AutoText. 90%
of the time the table is inserted properly with the graphic in place.
The other 10% of the time the graphic jumps outside of the table and
appears about 1" below it. No matter what I do in those 10%
situations I cannot get the graphic to stay in the right location.

THere must be some trick I'm missing.

THanks for any help.

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The following might also be of interest:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/drawlayer.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There's some information about layers in "WD2000: General Information
About
Floating Objects" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268713. Though
written for Word 2000, it is generally applicable to subsequent versions,
and there doesn't seem to be a comparable article for later versions.

so
all may benefit.