Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default Problem with word tables and setting tabs and leaders

When I try to set tabs for a particular cell, and hit CTRL + Tab, I get very
strange results. Hitting those keys sometimes extends the cell to twice its'
row size, or else the "arrow" tab marker moves to the tab I have set, but the
insertion point moves further on in the cell. What am I doing wrong? Please
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

With the insertion pointer in the cell on the tab, look at the Ruler and
check to see where the tab is set. From your description, it sounds like the
tab is set outside the cell limits.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"sheana" wrote in message
When I try to set tabs for a particular cell, and hit CTRL + Tab, I get
very
strange results. Hitting those keys sometimes extends the cell to twice
its'
row size, or else the "arrow" tab marker moves to the tab I have set, but
the
insertion point moves further on in the cell. What am I doing wrong?
Please
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Terry, I double-checked and the tab is within the limits of the cell. I
saved and then closed the document, and that seemed to fix the
problem....can't explain how!?!