Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jake Jake is offline

Default Visually impaired: Highlight misspelled words...

Hi,

By default Word marks mis-spelled words by underlining them with tiny
red lines. This line might be difficult to recognize for visually
impaired people.

How can I change this 'red line' to something else, like red background...?

Thanks for comments on this

regards

jake
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm afraid this is one issue where compromise wins - something more stark
would be a severe imposition on those who *don't* need it and there is no
built-in "toggle" for the purpose of variable effects.

Someone may be able to offer a programmatic solution, but use of the
standard spell checker is the best I can come up with - combined, perhaps,
with other accessibility features of Windows.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/9/08 6:28 AM, in article , "Jake"
wrote:

Hi,

By default Word marks mis-spelled words by underlining them with tiny
red lines. This line might be difficult to recognize for visually
impaired people.

How can I change this 'red line' to something else, like red background...?

Thanks for comments on this

regards

jake

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The wavy underlines will be proportionally larger if the Zoom ratio is
increased (which would be indicated for visually impaired users). For
color-blind users, the colors can be changed from red and green; see
"WD2002: How to Change the Color of Wavy Underlines" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284845