Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default Please tell me the difference between autotext, autocorrect, autof

t, and autoformat as you type. Im finding it hard to remember what each one
does and hope you can provide a mental picture that will stick. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

How about if you start from scratch and put the whole question in the
message body instead of trying to cram it into the subject line?

Meanwhile, you could read these articles:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

AutoFormat As You Type is similar to AutoCorrect in that it happens
completely automatically (you don't have to insert take specific action as
you do for AutoText). Both AutoCorrect and AutoFormat As You Type can be
reversed by Ctrl+Z (Undo). AutoFormat is run on existing text (an entire
document or selected text) and can implement different settings from
AutoFormat As You Type: for example, I don't have "Internet and network
paths with hyperlinks" checked on AutoFormat As You Type because I don't
want URLs turned into hyperlinks in most of my documents, but I do have it
checked on AutoFormat so that I can quickly convert URLs to hyperlinks in
specific documents when I want to.

"sheana" wrote in message
t, and autoformat as you type. Im finding it hard to remember what each
one
does and hope you can provide a mental picture that will stick. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] askbrown.mail@gmail.com is offline

On Jan 14, 11:04 pm, sheana wrote:
t, and autoformat as you type. Im finding it hard to remember what each one
does and hope you can provide a mental picture that will stick. Thanks.

follow this link and view the article from Simon
http://soi12.com/office/story.php?ti...By_Simon_Hurst