Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron Ron is offline

Default Printing a line in word

I have drawn a line in word 2007 and it will not print out. In word 2003, I
know you would go to Page Setup, Print Options, and click on the Drawing
Objects tab. I can not find this in Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Click the Office button (also called the "Pizza button") in the upper left
corner of Word. Below the Recent Documents list, click Word Options. Click
the Display tab. The "Print drawings created in Word" option is in the 3rd
set, under Printing options.

You might also want to check the Advanced tab, Show document content
section, "Show drawings and text boxes on screen".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ron" wrote in message
I have drawn a line in word 2007 and it will not print out. In word 2003,
know you would go to Page Setup, Print Options, and click on the Drawing
Objects tab. I can not find this in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Does the line display in Print Preview? If not, then make sure that Use
draft quality is not checked in the Word Options - Advanced tab - Print
section.

Also... where is the line? Is it in the main part of the document, or is it
in the header/footer area? If the latter, then are you sure it's not outside
the printable region?

--

"Ron" wrote in message
I have drawn a line in word 2007 and it will not print out. In word
2003,
know you would go to Page Setup, Print Options, and click on the
Drawing
Objects tab. I can not find this in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron Ron is offline

The line is part of the document, also, if I use word art - it will not print
out either. I am using Vista Home x32 and an HP photosmart 8450 printer.

"Ron" wrote in message
I have drawn a line in word 2007 and it will not print out. In word
2003,
know you would go to Page Setup, Print Options, and click on the
Drawing
Objects tab. I can not find this in Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The other thing to check is Properties in the Print dialog. See if there are
any options enabled (or disabled) that might prevent graphics from printing
out.

The reason for asking whether things show correctly in Print Preview is to
try to determine if the problem might be a faulty printer driver. Although
graphics displayed fine, my old HP inkjet 1200 (don't have it anymore)
steadfastly refused to print certain kinds of graphic elements. When I
switched to an older printer driver, it suddenly worked fine. HP eventually
released a driver that fixed the problem.