Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
old aussie old aussie is offline

Default word not opening from attachement

I am using Microsoft Office 2007 and have all updates current on XP
Professional, when I receive an attachment as a word .doc or .docx in
Outlook, I cannot get the attachment to open.
I get a popup saying that I need XPS Essentials pack, I have downloaded this
and still nothing opens. Also rebooted after installing the pack.
Anyone have a clue as to what is happening? and how to correct it, should I
post in the word forum as well?

Thanks
--
Aussieman
dunlopil dunlopil is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old aussie View Post
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 and have all updates current on XP
Professional, when I receive an attachment as a word .doc or .docx in
Outlook, I cannot get the attachment to open.
I get a popup saying that I need XPS Essentials pack, I have downloaded this
and still nothing opens. Also rebooted after installing the pack.
Anyone have a clue as to what is happening? and how to correct it, should I
post in the word forum as well?

Thanks
--
Aussieman
Man, I suggest attachment have different format with Office 2007.
So file can not open in Office 2007. or You have corrupt data from attachment.
When you opened, Office 2007 can not open that file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
old aussie old aussie is offline

Googled my problem also and found others with same problem, cure !! remove
Google toolbar, reboot and problem is now gone. Who would have thought that
this would have been the problem.
--
Aussieman