Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fab4 fab4 is offline

Default freeze or limit text within a field or text box

In creating a document I am trying to limimt the text in certain areas and
prevent the text box or frame from enlarging and displacing the rest of my
document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using form fields, you can limit the number of characters to be
entered, but this will not prevent users from pressing Enter and adding a
new line. Work around this by putting the form field in a table cell in a
row with exact height.

"fab4" wrote in message
In creating a document I am trying to limimt the text in certain areas and
prevent the text box or frame from enlarging and displacing the rest of my
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Beatles Fan:

If you right-click on either a text box or frame, you can specify the
vertical and horizontal sizes. In fact, the frame is the only one that will
resize to accommodate the text inside it. So I really don't see what the
problem is.

Since you're experimenting with text boxes and frames, why don't you try
tables as well? They, too, can have rows of a specified height, and columns
of a specified width.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000