Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Piet Piet is offline

Default display pictures Y/N in document

When having pictures inserted into a document, I would like to have the choice between displaying/printing the document WITH or
WITHOUT the pictures.
In the case of without pictures, I don't want to have the empty spaces in the places where the pictures have been inserted.
Is this possible?

A related question: can I insert links into the document that refer to external picture files (JPG)? So that storing the document
does not include all the JPG's?
I am using Word2003 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks very much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. If the pictures are In Line With Text, you can format them as Hidden and
they won't print. If they're wrapped, you can clear the "Drawing objects"
box on the Print tab of Tools | Options (but be aware that this will also
affect AutoShapes, including text boxes, and anything else in the drawing
layer).

2. When you insert a picture using Insert | Picture | From File, click the
arrow beside Insert in the Picture dialog and choose "Link to File."

"Piet" wrote in message
When having pictures inserted into a document, I would like to have the

choice between displaying/printing the document WITH or
WITHOUT the pictures.
In the case of without pictures, I don't want to have the empty spaces in

the places where the pictures have been inserted.
Is this possible?

A related question: can I insert links into the document that refer to

external picture files (JPG)? So that storing the document
does not include all the JPG's?
I am using Word2003 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks very much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Piet Piet is offline

Nr. 2 is clear to me - I didn't find that option yet! Thanks for pointing it out.

As to Nr. 1 - the pictures are in line with text. But how to format them as hidden?
I do have other drawing objects in the document.

Thank you so much.

Piet van Liempt
Netherlands

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" schreef in bericht ...

"Piet" wrote in message
When having pictures inserted into a document, I would like to have the

choice between displaying/printing the document WITH or
WITHOUT the pictures.
In the case of without pictures, I don't want to have the empty spaces in

the places where the pictures have been inserted.
Is this possible?

A related question: can I insert links into the document that refer to

external picture files (JPG)? So that storing the document
does not include all the JPG's?
I am using Word2003 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks very much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the picture and press Ctrl+Shift+H or go to Format | Font and check
the box for Hidden. Assuming that "Hidden text" is not checked in the Print
Options, the pictures will not print.

"Piet" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Piet" wrote in message
When having pictures inserted into a document, I would like to have

the
choice between displaying/printing the document WITH or
WITHOUT the pictures.
In the case of without pictures, I don't want to have the empty spaces

in
the places where the pictures have been inserted.
Is this possible?

A related question: can I insert links into the document that refer to

external picture files (JPG)? So that storing the document
does not include all the JPG's?
I am using Word2003 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks very much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One image at a time you'll need to select the image, then go to FormatFont
and click the box for Hidden. If you have any number of graphics to do this
for, use the keystroke Ctrl+Shift+H after selecting the graphic rather than
going to the dialog box each time.

In order to see the graphics on-screen non-printing characters must be
displayed.

Regardless of whether they're displayed on-screen, printing them will be
controlled by ToolsOptionsPrint - check the box for Hidden Text (also
selectable through the Options button in the Print dialog)
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
"Piet" wrote in message
[...]

so
all may benefit.

"Piet" wrote in message
When having pictures inserted into a document, I would like to have the

choice between displaying/printing the document WITH or
WITHOUT the pictures.
In the case of without pictures, I don't want to have the empty spaces
in

the places where the pictures have been inserted.
Is this possible?

A related question: can I insert links into the document that refer to

external picture files (JPG)? So that storing the document
does not include all the JPG's?
I am using Word2003 and Windows XP Home.
Thanks very much in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Piet Piet is offline

It works perfectly.
Suzanne and Bob, thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Piet van Liempt

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet schreef in bericht ...

.